My friend Rachel from www.healthy-chicks.com tagged me in this Blogger activity. Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules. (check)
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Random Things About Me: Here we go…
1. While I might not always wash my make-up off after a long night out, I floss my teeth every night before bed, no exceptions (I brush them too of course).
2. I can run 10 miles and not break a sweat. It’s not normal.
3. I feel guilty about everything, all the time.
4. I don’t own a smart phone. Yet.
5. I graduated Summa Cum Laude from my University
6. I like the idea of skiing (and the apres ski part) way more than I actually like to ski.
7. I love to travel, but I HATE to fly.
8. Aromatherapy scented candles and incense work wonders for my mood.
9. I could eat roasted brussel sprouts for 3 meals a day and be happy.
10. Painting and reading are two things I love that I never seem to make time for.
11. A few years ago, I worked with Whoopi Goldburg at a restaurant in Gloucester. I was a waitress and she was a bartender.
And now (if you’re still awake) my 11 Questions from Rachel:
1. Who’s your #1 role model and why? I have a lot of people who inspire me and whom I admire immensely. In order to avoid picking a favorite person out of so many favorite people, I’m going to say my #1 role model is my puppy Mango. He wakes up so happy every morning, he explores, exercises and makes new friends everyday and he is completely content just BEING.
2. If you were planning a dinner party TONIGHT, what would you prepare for your guests? Tonight? Woah! Luckily I just stocked up at Trader Joes (big Friday night out). I would serve some brie with fig jam and a baguette for a quick n’ easy app, and the main course would be a few different flatbread pizzas (one pesto vegetable and one caramelized onion with Gruyere cheese and ham). Both paired with a side green salad. Dessert would be a small dish of ice cream topped with a dark chocolate peanut butter cups. And lots of wine of course!
3. What’s your sign and do you believe in zodiac/horoscope kinda stuff? I’m a Scorpio, and I take my daily horoscope in the Metro very seriously. Okay, I usually only take it seriously if it says good things 🙂
4. What is a deal-breaker for you when it comes to relationships or dating? Deal-breakers? There are a lot of em, I’m kind of picky. I guess being too self-involved/ignorant would be a deal-breaker for me. Not only self-involved/ignorant in the relationship sense, but also in the bigger life picture.
5. Are you reading any good books right now? If so, what? If not, what’s the last GREATEST book you’ve read? I’m not, but that’s on my list! I always went to Borders for my reading inspiration, I miss it there! Last GREATEST book: Special Topics in Calamity Physics. Read this book!
6. What’s something strange you simply can’t live without – – be it a beauty product, a food you crave, etc.? Coffee. I don’t think I could live without coffee, and even if I could, I’m not sure I would want to.
7. Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now? I see myself as being almost 40! Actually no, I can’t see that, it seems too unreal. 🙂 I honestly have not idea at this point where I’ll be/ what I’ll be doing in 10 years (or even 10 minutes), but I hope whatever/wherever that is it’ll be with Ross and our 11 year old Mango and that we’ll all be happy ❤
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world for a week, where would you go? For just a week? I’d have to say Croatia. I’ve heard wonderful things, and it’s close enough to make it a feasible week-long trip (the African Serengeti safari I’m dreaming of would require at least 2 weeks!)
9. What’s your favorite hobby, aside from blogging? Running and yoga! Mostly running these days, but it goes back and forth. Then there is also that painting and reading I keep talking about that I need to do more. Anything active and/or creative is a great way to spend your free time, in my opinion.
10. Are you shy when you first meet people or bubbly, social butterfly? First meeting people? I would say shy. Give me 5 minutes though, it passes quickly.
11. Best way to blow off stress = A long run. A restorative yoga class. A hour long massage followed by a dirty martini. Stress? What is that anyway? Sounds terrible.
And lastly (yes, it’s almost over!) My questions for the next
victims lucky bloggers:
1. What is your favorite spa treatment?
2. What is your morning ritual?
3. Favorite nail polish color (bonus points if you list some witty OPI color name)?
4. Best childhood memory?
5. Which countries have you visited?
6. Which do you deem more important, time or money? Why?
7. Favorite quick go-to meal at home?
8. Favorite meal out?
9. Current health goal/s? (scale number, toning, road races, lifting comps, clothing size, etc)
10. Describe your ideal date
11. Valentines Day, love it or hate it?
Rebecca @ www.roseyrebecca.com
Chrissy @ http://thenavyyard.wordpress.com/
Steff @ http://stephaniegh.wordpress.com